Making IT happen
Did you know that SEWP V allows the Government to limit solicitations by business size and socio-economic status (i.e. small businesses, Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), HUBZone, and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVOSB)) to help agencies hit small business goals? And since SEWP V is a pre-competed contract vehicle, the Government is still achieving fair competition as required in the FAR.
To create a small-business RFQ on SEWP, follow these 6 easy steps below.
1. Log into the SEWP V Portal
2. Hover over Requests found on the menu bar and select “Create New Request”
3. Select “Request for Quote” under the Request Type Section
4. Under the Fair Opportunity Section select the checkbox marked “Group C Small” then underneath the Select a Set-aside section click the checkbox marked “EDWOSB”
SEWP automatically provides the available Fair Opportunity groupings when selecting Contract Holders.
5. Complete the Requirement Documentation Section
6. Click “Save and Continue to Confirmation”
Once you completed steps 1 through 6 you are finished!
Leveraging the SEWP V small business set-aside option allows the Government to take advantage of SEWP’s speed, customer service, and breadth of offerings, while also working towards meeting small business goals. Regardless the size or complexity of your procurement, the SEWP V small business contract holders can get the job done.
If you ever need further assistance with an EDWOSB set aside please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to help!