Technical Sales Specialist
Four Inc. is seeking an experienced Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) to join the Four Inc. Sales team to help drive revenue growth for our Federal and Public IBM Cloud and Data Driven Solutions. Your role will be to help clients successfully navigate their Journey to a Hybrid Cloud by providing pre-sales technical leadership and opportunity support throughout the sales process.
Location: Herndon, VA
As a technical expert and advisor to the Four Inc. IBM Sales Team and our government customers you must understand IBM Cloud Paks, AI ops and Data Driven technical solutions. You will apply your technical skills to help build and maintain customer relationships. You will incorporate software, services and hardware into client-valued solutions while ensuring client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions.
In this role you will work in hand with the Four Inc. IBM Team to help identify, qualify and scope IBM hybrid cloud and data solutions for our customers. Responsibilities include:
- Become a trusted advisor and evangelist for IBM Cloud and Red Hat technologies across the public sector within the client – CxO, Line of Business, Developer and traditional IT.
- Use innovative ways to identify and progress opportunities to demonstrate client value – i.e., Identify Cross-sell up-sell opportunities, value prop presentation, prototyping, hands-on demos.
- Help assess our customers environments to best understand their problems, needs, and wants. Work with the sales team to put together a full modernization solution that fits within the scope and budget of the customers’ expectations.
- Provide guidance on Integrating the IBM Cloud and Middleware Solutions (Cloud Paks) with the customers’ existing and future IBM and Red Hat software investments, to support program and mission success.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret industry, market and technology trends as a foundation for our offering and technology roadmaps.
- Communicate value, progress and status of sales opportunities to all stakeholders.
Possess experience in consultative selling, effective presentation skills and negotiation techniques to succeed in the role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in sales and/or technical architecture
- 5 years of sales and technical architecture roles
- Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding of modern methodologies like agile development and DevOps and associated capabilities like automation, orchestration and configuration management, IaaS, PaaS, Kubernetes and Container technologies
- Knowledge of the open-source development model and emerging industry trends like artificial intelligence (AI), agile integration, internet of things (IoT), containers, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), etc.
- Ability to quickly learn and articulate the value of IBM Cloud Platform, Open-source application development portfolio including OpenShift, middleware, API Management
- Understanding of complex enterprise solutions and architectures
- Knowledge or experience with public cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Compute Engine (GCE)
- Red Hat certifications: Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- IBM Technical certification: Cloud Pak for Data Solution Architect
- Understanding of IBM Middleware technologies (DataPower, API Connect, MQ)
To apply, submit resume and references to email@example.com.