Outreach and Communications Specialist
The Outreach and Communications Specialist role is designed to provide excellent customer support to our client by building trustworthy relationships with the Product Lead and Product Officers. The main responsibility is to provide overarching training and conference strategy that includes building support, awareness, and advocacy for the client’s mission, driving change initiatives, and delivering situational awareness organization-wide while enabling collaborative partnerships both internal and external. The Outreach and Communications Specialist also assumes the role as the client’s Public Affairs Officer.
- Provide briefing administration support through research and analyzing content of existing briefings and presentations and providing recommendations for appropriate authoritative slides decks while maintaining configuration control.
- Maintain training tutorials on all processes with detailed informational charts and graphics and ensure updates are captured quarterly for external distribution.
- Coordinate all major events to include monthly training sessions, information exchanges, speaking engagements, conferences, media related actions and personalized briefings.
- Work with design team to develop and deliver updated design elements for all branded marketing materials such as printed collateral, business cards, exhibition displays, signage, and digital content such as social media graphics and digital marketing.
- Manage public affairs related activities to include award nomination packages, articles featuring the clients’ events and accomplishments, leadership bios, media inquiries, new releases, etc.
- Provide content website recommendations to promote the client’s mission objectives and program highlights to a vast audience. Ensure messaging throughout the client’s website is consistent.
Fort Belvoir, VA (Hybrid)
- Active Secret security clearance or ability to obtain one
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, communications, or comparable experience
- Priority setting skills: can quickly sense what will help or hinder in accomplishing goals
- Customer-focus skills: dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, has an adaptable attitude and a friendly outgoing personality
- Organizational skills: can orchestrate multiple tasks at once to accomplish a goal with strong attention to detail
- 2-3 years of experience in marketing, communications or customer service environment
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, and other desktop tools required
- Event planning and management
- Management consulting experience
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
Click here to apply