Acquisition Subject Matter Expert
Excellent growth opportunity for a mid to senior level Acquisition Professional. This opportunity is an acquisition position helping the US Army write and manage multi-billion dollar contracts and acquisitions. This is a fantastic opportunity in a rapidly growing field with a great team that has been in-place since 2010.
The position of Acquisition SME is a multi-faceted role that is heavily reliant on organization and problem solving skills. The position requires acquisition support duties including data analysis, doctrine/policy translation, and business process analysis, in addition to Army customer product procurement assistance. The SME will be responsible for supporting CHESS Action Officers and Division Chiefs with a variety of hardware, software, and services contract actions. In addition to contract management duties, the SME is expected to perform specialized tasks including Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) product analysis, provide advice and consultation to internal and external stakeholders, conduct training, and recommend policy adjustments/creation. A SME will resolve product or services problems by clarifying the customer's issue, determining the cause of the problem, then selecting and explaining the solution.
- Resolve customer inquiries for CHESS contracts.
- Research policies and mandates applicable to CHESS products and services.
- Provide acquisition support and process license requests for SW contracts.
- Provide a weekly summary of actions to Program Manager and CHESS Leadership.
- Conduct periodic vendor and Army Stakeholder meetings.
- Compile and analyze contract actions and inquiry data in various reports.
- Complete specialized project assignments without lapse in contract support or customer inquiry coverage.
- Research and construct documents and reports for IT products and policies as related to the CHESS mission.
- Jointly establish and prioritize new initiatives, milestones, and tasks and track their progress.
- Interpret Army, DoD, and Federal rules and regulations.
- Reports to Four Inc.’s Program Manager
- US Citizen with Active Security Clearance or US Citizen with eligibility for clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience required. MBA or MS preferred.
- Ability to organize and maintain large amounts of data and information.
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of government acquisition and the policies that govern the acquisition process.
- Ability to effectively communicate with CHESS partners and Stakeholders.
- Ability to self-organize, motivate and stay on-task.
- Experience presenting data analysis to large audiences.
- 6-10 years of customer service, administrative, communication experience or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of acquisition or acquisition support.
- Experience working with Armed Services components.
- Must have extensive knowledge of MS Office and the ability to quickly learn new programs, when required.
To apply, submit resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.