Acquisition Customer Support Representative
Duty Location: PL CHESS - Fort Belvoir, VA
Excellent growth opportunity for an entry-level Acquisition Professional. Previous helpdesk personnel have been promoted to full Acquisition Support roles and are now helping US Army write and manage multi-billion dollar contracts/acquisitions. All helpdesk personnel will receive Secret Government Clearance, Defense Acquisition University (DAU) training courses and individual on-the-job training. This is a fantastic opportunity in a rapidly growing field with a great team that has been in-place since 2010.
The Army’s Computer Hardware, Enterprise Software and Solutions (CHESS) Support Team provides information, assistance and support to CHESS external customers and the CHESS organization. The primary responsibility of the Acquisition Helpdesk Support Representative is serving CHESS customers by fielding questions and solving problems they encounter procuring hardware/software or navigating through the website. The Acquisition Helpdesk Support Representative also provides support to Product Leaders (PLs) and CHESS Personnel by reporting questions in daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Provide direct customer support, through phone and email inquiries, regarding the Department of the Army’s Computer Hardware, Enterprise Software and Solutions (CHESS) information technology contracts and products.
- Provide assistance to customers by outlining standard procedures including RFQ, RFP and RFI’s.
- Assist customers with general navigation of the CHESS IT e-mart website, the Army’s software portal websites and DoD Enterprise Software Initiative (ESI) websites.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, following up to ensure resolution.
- Proactively assess current procedures/documents to determine if updates are needed (i.e. updating FAQs, vendor information, POC information).
- Provide reports regarding customer inquiries using the Dashboard Application.
- Submit all requests for CHESS web site updates.
- Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Establish effective communication lines with Product Leads to ensure customers are given accurate and precise information.
- Direct customers to external points of contact based on level of question.
- Maintain a positive attitude when communicating with customer.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Reports to Four Inc.’s Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience required.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving and conflict resolution skills needed.
- Effective communication skills via phone, email and voicemail.
- The ability to analyze information and multitask required.
To apply, submit resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.